A properly written request for quote (RFQ) for calibration services is extremely important when using and choosing a calibration lab. A RFQ is used to ask calibration labs for the price per tool, the payment terms, the quality requirement and the length of contract for calibration services. It is essential when writing a RFQ to include as much information as possible and to ensure terms and conditions are included. This will guarantee accurate and complete quotes from the calibration provider.
To help you get a better idea of what information should be a part of your request for quote, we have created a small guide on what to include below.
When creating a request for quote, you should always start with the basics. Be sure to include:
- The request for quote number, along with the date it was issues and a date for closing.
- The name of the individual issuing the request for quote, their address and contact details.
- The contact person for queries.
- The delivery address and detailed instructions for delivery.
It’s also important to include tool specifications into your request for quote for calibration services. Specifications should include:
- The list of tools that need to be calibrated, along with their manufacturer number.
- The quality requirements for each tool that needs to be calibrated.
Required Quality and Quantity
Calibration service request for quotes should also include the required quality and quantity of calibration needed. Information in this section should include:
- The number of required calibrations needed annually or biannually.
- The quality requirements needed and the specific certifications.
- The warranties and guarantees of the tools.
- The level of calibration needed based off of tool users skill and competencies.
The payment terms are also important to include in a request for quote to ensure the calibration lab is offering specific services on a competitive basis. Payment terms should include:
- The number of days the payment needs to be received from date of invoice.
- Any early payment discount offers.
- The binding period of the given quote.